10 Ways to Look More Polished
1. Manage your manicure. Whether you get it professionally done or DIY make sure your nails are always manicured. Even if you don’t wear nail polish make sure they are clean and filed. The first thing people notice after your face is your hands so make a good first impression.
2. Don’t forget your signature scent: always wear perfume. Find a scent that complements your chemistry and style. It is always a good idea when looking for a new fragrance to take a sample and try it out for a week to make sure it works with your body’s chemistry. Just because it smell good on paper doesn’t mean it will smell the same on your skin.
3. Practice posture. Slouchy shoulders are highly unattractive and suggest a lack of self-confidence. In addition, as you age your back tends to hunch back and having bad posture in your younger years contributes to that. So walk with your head held high and sit up straight, like your mom used to say.
4. Skip the scrunchy! Save it for yoga class, your daily jogging and walking the dog. Wear a tortoise barrette instead as often as possible for a more polished look.
5. Lose the shine, on your face that is. Before leaving the house after doing your make up sweep a translucent powder all over your face to mattify your complexion. Also pack some blotting sheets to control shine on-the-go.
10 ways to look more polished
www.fashionwithaconscience.org for the best beauty and fashion tips.
6. Plan ahead. Book professional services in advance. Whether it is your monthly facial, your eyebrow grooming or retouching your color, secure your appointment weeks before you actually need it.
7. Find your beauty uniform. Find appropriate make up for your facial structure and lifestyle. If you are not into make up go to your favorite department store and ask one of the make up artists to help you select the right products for you. You can limit yourself to a 5-minute daytime face and an evening look. But for the girls like us who love make up experiment with different colors and trends each season and have fun.
8. Stock on hairspray. Hairspray is great to keep hairstyles in place and also to tame frizz. You can also use it whenever doing a sleek bun or ponytail. Just spray it onto your brush to smooth fly-aways.
9. Leave a flatiron and smoky eye make up at work. Do this just in case you get invited on an impromptu night out with friends or date with that cute guy you keep running into on the Starbucks line.
10. Wake up in time to get ready. If you are a morning person you already have this one down. But if your are not, do your best to get up early enough to meditate, take a shower, indulge is a relaxing beauty routine, pick out an outfit that is well thought through and eat breakfast. Allot enough time in the morning for you not to rush and leave the house looking like a mess.